WBA Member Resources
Whether you’re seeking cutting edge and contemporary solutions to take your business to the next level, or straightforward advice on how to start your business, the LSBDC stands ready to assist with your business needs.
With our no-cost business information services, the LSBDC can help you gather industry or market statistics for your business or marketing plan, research specific market or industry trends, and identify competitors, suppliers or potential customers. Browse through our business services, and when you are ready, request no-cost consulting assistance from our team of business experts.
SLEC was developed to support regional economic development in the parishes of Assumption, Lafourche, St. Mary, and Terrebonne, an area referred to as the Bayou Region. Formed in 1983, SLEC programs have evolved as the economic needs of the region have evolved, but typically include:
- business recruitment and retention
- support to startup companies and entrepreneurs
- provision of key data and economic statistics
- provision of comprehensive buildings and sites information
- support to local and parish economic development
- coalition building across parishes and organizations
- special projects leadership including workforce development, post hurricane recovery, small business support and homeland security
- sponsorship of community and industry development training.
SLEC also operates one of the most comprehensive economic web portals with extensive self-service capabilities, including an online relocation prospect management system.