Since 1982 ATHENA International has celebrated ATHENA's mission of supporting, developing, and honoring leaders who inspire women to achieve their full potential. The ATHENA Award honors individuals who strive toward the highest levels of personal and professional accomplishment, who excel in their chosen field, devote time and energy to their community in a meaningful way, and forge paths of leadership for other women to follow.
- Nominations Begin, June 11
- Nominations Close, September 13
- Athena Banquet, November 21, 2019 (Purchase Tickets)
ATHENA Recipients must meet each of the following three criteria:
- Demonstrate excellence, creativity and initiative in their business or profession
- Provide valuable service to improve the quality of life for others in their community
- Assist women in reaching their full leadership potential
The Selection Process
A Selection Committee consisting of a diverse group of leaders from outside the local area will review all nomination forms and select the Athena Award Recipient.
Download the following fillable PDF and either complete it electronically and send to firstname.lastname@example.org or print it and submit by mail to WBA, 6133 LA-311, Houma, LA 70360.